Best Hotels In Mysore | Ash Hotels
Best Hotels In Mysore
The mane Mysore is derived from the name ‘ Mahishuru’, which stands for an abode of ‘Manisha which means ‘Mahishasura’ a demon from Hindu mythology. Mysore is regarded as one of the most unique tourist spots in India because of its extraordinary natural beauty and highly revered religious places. If you think that Mysore is only famous for its magnificent palaces and majestic building, then you are probably making a big mistake. Spectacular places like Mysore zoo, Brindavan garden, Chamundi hills or Karanji lake can make you really awestruck. There are also countless calming lakes and breathtaking waterfalls which add more beauty to Mysore and make it one of the most preferred tourist destinations in India. The city is rightly called the ‘Sandlewood City’ for the presence of the lush green sandalwood forests. So, your next holiday destination in Mysore can give you the best unforgettable experience. You just need to book the Best hotels in Mysore to make your travelling more enjoyable.
The speciality of Mysore
There are many things in Mysore which are often regarded as a speciality of Mysore. They are listed below.
1. The prime speciality of Mysore is the ‘Mysuru Peta’. It was the traditional dress of the kings of the erstwhile Mysuru. They wore this attire combined with a richly bejewelled turban made with silk and jari. Today you can also get this in modern forms and buy it from the Karnataka Silk Industries Corporation Limited. To know the direction, you can ask the staff of the Best hotels in Mysore , where you are staying. They will surely guide you.
2. Karnataka is the largest producer of mulberry silk and Mysore is regarded as the kingdom of the silk industry. It was primarily established by the previous royal family of Mysore for fulfilling the requirements of the royal family and the ornamental fabrics of their royal forces. You can buy silk sarees and other silk-made items. Mysore silk is so famous that many people want to visit Mysore only to buy silk. That is why the Best hotels in Mysore always remain full of tourists.
3. Mysore is famous for its authentic sandalwood oil. It is known for its sweet, and rich fragrance. It is widely used in making various fragrant products like perfume, incense stocks, aftershaves, and many other cosmetics. Sandalwood oil is also used in making medicines.
4. If you are a food lover you must have tried the masala dosa. But do you know Mysore is famous for its unique masala dosa? These are made by stuffing a dosa with a mixture of boiled potatoes, fried onion and different types of herbs and spices. If you are planning to visit Mysore, don’t forget to taste the masala dosa. Most of the Best hotels in Mysore include masala dosa in their menu card so that anybody can get it if they want. But if you wish you can try this in any other restaurant in Mysore.
5. Mysore incense sticks are world-famous for their unique aroma. You will find a large variety in the aroma of the incense sticks. They have both religious and aesthetic appeal. If you are visiting Mysore you should buy a packet of incense sticks. You can get one from any store in Mysore.
6. You can try the authentic sweet dish of Karnataka named ‘Mysore Pak’. it is one kind of dessert made with a good amount of ghee sugar and gram flour. Although it was invented in the royal kitchen of Mysore, it has become quite famous among the common people of India. You can get this easily in the list of desserts provided by Best hotels in Mysore or in any other sweetmeat shops.
7. Are you quite known with the name Mysore Sandal soap? It is a very famous soap made with sandalwood oil and widely used in our entire country. The soaps are highly popular because of their rich and irresistible aroma. Apart from soaps the company also made talcum powder, incense sticks and detergents. When you are visiting Mysore don’t forget to buy a pack of famous Mysore Sandal soap.
8. Mysore betel leaf is world famous for its unparallel taste. Probably, the unique combination of the climate and soil provides a unique taste to it. Although chewing betel leaves have become out of date and the use of betel leaves is limited only to religious ceremonies, tasting a Mysore betel leaf once won’t be a grave matter at all.
So, here are some things which exclusively belong s to Mysore and if you are visiting this place you must try these things. Come to Mysore, book the Best hotels in Mysore , and enjoy to the fullest.
What is Mysore famous for?
Mysore is called the ‘ palace city of India’ and is widely known for its heritage structures and palaces. Mysore is the most famous palace which attracts countless tourists each year irrespective of any particular season. Apart from this, there are also several palaces. During the festive season, the city becomes filled with thousands of tourists. So, if you are planning to visit Mysore during any festivals, you must make a reservation in any one of the Best hotels in Mysore . Mysore is also known for producing silk sarees and other silk-made items and for producing sandals and sandals-based products and sandalwood oil.
What foods are famous in Mysore?
When it comes to food, Mysore has countless options for you. But if you want to know the most exquisite food of Mysore, then the first name should be the masala dosa. These are made by stuffing a dosa with a mixture of boiled potatoes, fried onion and different types of herbs and spices. If you are planning to visit Mysore, don’t forget to taste the masala dosa. Most of the Best hotels in Mysore include masala dosa in their menu card so that anybody can get it if they want. But if you wish you can try this in any other restaurant in Mysore. You can even try out idlis and vadas. Another famous authentic sweet dish of Mysore is named as ‘Mysore Pak’. you should definitely try this. It is one kind of dessert made with a good amount of ghee sugar and gram flour. Although it was invented in the royal kitchen of Mysore, it has become quite famous among the common people of India.
What is the meaning of the name ‘Mysore’?
Mysore the previous capital of Karnataka and the second largest city in the state of Karnataka is situated at the base of Chamundi Hills and is regarded as one of the prime tourist destinations of India. Due to the presence of a large number of palaces, it is often called the ‘ palace city of India’. The name Mysore is derived from the name ‘ Mahishuru’, which stands for an abode of ‘Manisha which means ‘Mahishasura’ a demon from Hindu mythology. Mysore is regarded as one of the most unique tourist spots in India because of its extraordinary natural beauty and highly revered religious places. The presence of the several Best hotels in Mysore has made it easy for tourists to find a fair accommodations for them
Why Mysore silk sarees are so famous?
Mysore silk sarees are famous not only in India but also throughout the whole world. The silk threads used in making sarees are of exclusively high quality and the zari threads used in weaving sarees are made with 65% pure silver and 0.65% gold. This made the sarees really unique. These sarees are regarded as one of the most expensive silk sarees available in India.